Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 11 May 2014

Favourite Childhood Book

Now this is a harder question to ask me. I was always a little bookworm, throughout my life, and that will never change.  And as a child I constantly read, and as a consequence I was seen as a quiet child.

This is what makes it so hard to pick one particular childhood book. So I will name a few series of books or authors!

I can't really remember reading books until I was about 7 but I read through all of the reading shelves a couple of years ahead of the rest of the class, but that's ok because I had permission to read anything, and for FUN!
Around this time I was introduced to a new series of books about a young wizard called Harry Potter, and at first I did not like the books but I got into them after the first one and I loved them forever more! So the Harry Potter series is here.

I also loved R.L. Stine's Goosebumps series, these were awesome and some were genuinely creepy.

I used to love reading encyclopedias when I was young, so my Mam bought me a series of books called Questions Kids Ask, and each book was about a different topic, such as famous people, the human body or animals. I still have these books and one day might read them to my children, although I am sure they will be outdated!

A final mention is Enid Blyton. Now, I didn't read The Famous Five books, but I used to love to read the books where they were a collection of short tales about things such as fairies, pixies and other mythical creatures. And sometimes they taught me manners and things like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting!