Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 1 May 2014

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Pink Pong Review




My First Ever Product Review
 
Today is the day I post my first product review, and the product I will be reviewing is Bourjois’ Rouge Edition Velvet lipcolour.



I only managed to purchase one shade of this lipcolour, and I was torn between three colours, Hot Pepper, which was a very bright, orange toned red, a warm-ish hot pink with a tiny hint of blue called Ole Flamingo and a vivid and cool toned Fuschia called Pink Pong.  I absolutely loved the names of these shades, I honestly felt like they described the colours perfectly and in a quirky way. I ended off purchasing the last shade, Pink Pong, which cost me £8.99 at Boots, as part of a 3 for 2 offer. The reason I purchased this shade was because I already have a fair few warm toned pink lipsticks. But now I really crave Hot Pepper, as I do not own any warm toned red lipsticks.

Hot Pepper

Ole Flamingo

Pink Pong

The packaging is lovely, I love how the tube is clear and that the lids are colour coded with the lip colour. The applicator is a small, slim, and angled doe foot applicator. The applicator style is the only option other than a lip brush for this formulation. There are 6.7mls of product, and this one will last a lifetime as it is so pigmented and you only need a tiny amount of product.


 
The product is described on the Bourjois site:

Exclusive formula: Matte finish and incredibly light.
Its soft, melting texture glides on to the lips and turns into a matt, velvety and incredibly light colour. Lips are left smooth and soft as velvet. Enriched with evanescent oils, it’s incredibly sensuous formula provides a soft, second-skin feel, without drying or fading lips.’

I completely agree with what the company has said about the product, this product does indeed stain the lips without any drying. The site claims that the product lasts 24 hours, but I disagree, I wore this lipstick to a concert and had two drinks, and by the time I had finished the second drink, the lipstick had indeed faded around the centre of my mouth and needed a re-application. I tried the lipstick with some Lipcote over the centre of my lips, and this helped the problem though! I find that there is always a way around things.
The product did not have any particular taste or distinctive smell to me, but I do have a weak sense of smell, and I know that the product does have a small amount of fragrance in it, but nothing off-putting at all.


The formulation is classed as a lipstick, but I would classify it as a long-lasting matte lip creme, and is one of the most comfortable lip colours I have ever worn, not at all drying or sticky and completely matte after the drydown. I find the only problem with this lipstick is the application, as a seasoned bright lipstick wearer, I felt like I would get more control of the product by popping it onto a lip brush.It could even be dabbed on using a finger to have a more grungy, undone look.


The Bourjois site also says:

‘As a colour expert brand, Bourjois knows that saturated colours are enhanced by an amazing matt finish. Rouge Edition Velvet shades are true "colour shots" with a chic matte finish!

What they say about the product being a colour shot is completely true, I was wowed by the intensity of the pigment. The colour to me was an extremely bright pink, more like a fuschia, with blue tones.
I believe this shade would suit the majority of skintones, I am fairly pale, often purchasing foundations with names such as 'ivory rose' and 'fair' but I believe that the lipsticks are so pigmented they would look good on any skin colour especially very dark skin. I believe that this lipstick accentuated my skin tone in the nicest way, and with a flash, my skin looked more tanned.
I think this would suit younger skin best, but if you class yourself as more daring and want a huge pop of colour, don't let me hold you back, I love to see a more mature lady wearing bright lipsticks, I know for a fact I won't let age stop me from wearing my brights, especially a colour like this one

Below are a couple of pictures of me wearing the product for your reference


Natural Lighting


Natural Lighting



With Flash

With Flash

I absolutely love the product, and I am excited to try more of the shades from this line in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting!