Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 12 May 2014

My worst Habits

Now, I am not entirely sure I have more than one really bad habit. The first habit is not the nicest, but it has only developed since I came to university, when my Nana died. My second habit is much worse and is covered in a bit more detail (below the picture in this post). This habit is compulsive skin picking.

I used to smoke properly, but at the moment, this has become a social thing, as I have mostly cut down, with the use of e-cigarettes. I know that these aren't meant to be brilliant for you either, but I think that they are probably the lesser of the two evils.


My properly horrible habit is the one that I have briefly mentioned before. I am a serial skinpicker.
I have been for as long as I can remember, I even vividly remember my Mam telling me when I was really young (probably about 6 years old) that if I didn't stop picking, I would be going to the 'naughty girls school'. This didn't even deter me.
I Tend to pick at my face, but I also pick at other areas of my body. I must have really well healing skin as I don't really have any long-lasting scars on my face. and although I am aware that one day this trail of luck will run out, I physically cannot stop. It has only caused me proper problems once, when I was about 14, I used to pick the skin off my toes around my toenails, and this caused me to develop and ingrowing toenail. UGHHHHH. I had to have the toenail removed. Again, this stopped me picking at my toes, but did not stop me picking anywhere else! This habit makes me really sad, but at the same time, I LOVE the feel of skin peeling off.
My picking gets worse when I am stressed, this is how my Mam and anyone close to me can tell when I am in a bit of a state.
I have done some research online on the topic of 'compulsive skin picking' and it is often likened to OCD and self harm. I myself feel it is closer to self-harming in my case. It makes me sad when I have done it and I often do not realise that I have picked until I have picked every pimple off my face.

Again, if anyone has any questions about my skin picking habit, please do not hesitate to ask me about it. I am not afraid to answer your questions!

Love, Melissa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting!